Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram posts shared on Sunday often see the worst engagement; the worst day for Twitter is Saturday.
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are the best performing days overall.
- Facebook posts perform well when posted from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
- LinkedIn posts see the most engagement when shared from 8 to 10 a.m. and at noon Wednesday; at 9 a.m. and from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday; and at 9 a.m. Friday.
- Instagram posts perform well when shared at 11 a.m. Wednesday and from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday.
- Twitter posts perform best at 9 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday; posts shared weekdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. see high engagement as well.
- Posts with videos receive 200 percent more likes, comments, and shares than those with just links or no media at all.
- Add a GIF or short infographic to your social media post to demonstrate a complex topic quickly and clearly with engaging visuals.