EMC Insurance Companies and the AttorneyConnect program answer your legal questions to resolve issues before they end up in court.
Through the AttorneyConnect program, each municipality or municipal utility policyholder within the IAMU Safety Group is eligible to receive up to 90 minutes of consultation per calendar quarter with a Bradshaw, Fowler, Proctor & Fairgrave, P.C. attorney at no additional cost.
Here are some of the issues for which assistance is available:
- Proper hiring procedures
- Job reassignment issues
- Termination questions
- Employee handbook dos and don’ts
- Employment practices and compliance with state and federal laws
- Workers’ compensation matters
- Injured worker return-to-work concerns
- Contract review and recommendations
- Governmental immunity
- Law enforcement civil liability issues
- Open records and meeting laws
- Public works civil liability issues
- Zoning and land use matters
Up to 90 minutes of no cost legal consultation on the above subjects is a tremendous benefit to participating Safety Group members. For more information, here’s the link:
You can also contact Dave Eaton, IAMU Risk Reduction Representative or your local EMC Insurance Agent for more information. Dave Eaton Ph. 319-850-9000 email@example.com.