Your water rates are the most important source of revenue for your water system. Are your rates sufficient to cover the cost of providing water service today and into the future? And are your rates structured in a way to best meet the priorities of your community?
This free workshop will explore several important aspects of water system finance, including:
- How to structure appropriate rates for your community
- How to plan for the future
- How to measure financial health
- How to find available loans and grants.
Anyone involved in the financial management of your water system is invited to attend, including board members, town managers, budget and finance staff, utility managers, and operators. The workshop is geared toward small water systems. We welcome multiple attendees from the same community.
A day of your time, plus travel, and food expenses. There is no charge for the workshop itself
Glenn Barnes, Director, Water Finance Assistance
Four one-day workshops are being offered across the state of Iowa. The content will be the same at each workshop. Please choose the day and time that works best for you!
- Tuesday, October 15: North Liberty Water Treatment Facility, North Liberty (map)
- Wednesday, October 16: Newton Des Moines Area Community College, Newton (map)
- Thursday, October 17: Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities, Ankeny (map)
- Friday, October 18: Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities, Ankeny (map)
All workshops will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This workshop has been approved for 0.6 Iowa Drinking Water Certification Continuing Education Credits (CEUs).
To register, visit: https://www.waterfinanceassistance.com/iowa?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery