Workshop 1 – May 8-9, 2018
Tuesday, May 8: 8:00-4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 9: 8:00-11:00 a.m.
Registration link - http://members.iamu.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1090805&group=
Workshop 2 – May 9-10, 2018
Wednesday, May 9: 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 10: 8:00-4:00 p.m.
Registration link - http://members.iamu.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1090812&group=
This workshop is designed for gas distribution system fusion technicians and distribution operators who work for municipal utilities or contractors. Participants will familiarize themselves in the properties of:
- Polyethylene (PE) piping materials
- Polyethylene fusion procedures
- Individual and system safety practices
- Mechanical fitting joining procedures
- Backhoe and trencher
Training Topics & Operator Qualification Tasks:
- O&M and Emergency Plan Review & Updates
- Sizing of EFV’s, Meters, Regulators, & Piping
- Customer Installation Materials, CSST, 2 PSI vs. 4 oz., etc.
- Proper Firefighting Techniques
- Installing Tracer Wire
- Installing Meter Sets
- Operating Mole Equipment
Hands-on qualifications will be available for polyethylene fusion procedures, mechanical fitting joint methods, and squeeze-off procedures.
Additional information including brochure, schedule, and registration may be accessed at the links above.
We look forward to seeing you this year.