Grants will be awarded to water and wastewater projects based on the following priorities:
- Disadvantaged communities
- Projects that will significantly improve water quality in their watershed
- Projects that use alternative wastewater treatment technologies (all projects proposing alternative technologies must be approved by DNR)
- Communities with the highest sewer or water rates
- Projects that use technology to address nutrient reduction
- Projects that will improve source waters for drinking water utilities.”
The application (accessed via the black button mid-page) is due by September 25th.
The grant awardees are determined by a committee consisting of the Secretary of Agriculture (or designee), the Executive Director of the IFA (or designee), and the Director of the DNR (or designee).
Please contact the IFA Water Quality Team with questions.