Statistics show that people pay more attention to a message if it includes a photo and/or video. Here are just a few compelling numbers to note:
- Articles with images get 94% more total views.
- Adding a photo and a video to a press release increases views by more than 45%.
- Consumers who watch product videos are 85% more likely to buy products, compared to those who do not watch product videos (TMG: We Capture).
- Encourage your employees to take photos and videos of projects or issues. Make your employees into roving photographers and videographers.
- Have a way for customers to easily submit images and footage of positive, utility-related interactions. Consider creating a designated email address to gather submissions.
- Determine ways to share what people contribute. You might include an image in your newsletter or on your website or social media pages. Another idea: Put together a poster with the image and some compelling copy. If you have a video, include a Quick-Read Code (QR Code) on the poster and throw the footage up on a YouTube channel so others can check it out using their smartphones.