A good spokesperson can:
- Build trust and credibility for your organization
- Gain support for your efforts
An effective spokesperson can increase the chances that people will listen to your organization’s messages, trust your advice, and act on your recommendations. To achieve these goals, a spokesperson needs to:
- Speak clearly.
- Listen to people (whether they are journalists or the public).
- Tailor messages to make complex information more easily understood.
- Be honest, frank, and open with information.
- Explain what your organization is doing to get information that may not yet be available.
- Be available and transparent.