A communication plan can guide you through your efforts – making sure you cover needed messages in ways that will be most effective without anything being overlooked or forgotten about.
Consider developing a plan for an entire year. By taking time to create a guiding document for 2021 now, you may save yourself time, energy, and stress throughout the next year.
At a minimum, your yearly communication plan should include:
- What topics you’ll cover each month
- What media you’ll use — newsletter, e-mail, poster, video, etc. – to deliver your messages
- Who will be responsible for creating the communication – including writer, editor, designer, photographer, videographer, etc.
- When work on each communication needs to start
- When the final communication is due
- When you plan to distribute the communication
With a plan, you can work well in advance of when you will deliver your messages so they are well thought out and thorough instead of thrown together at the last minute.