Today, Governor Reynolds announced that the Iowa Finance Authority has launched the COVID-19 Iowa Eviction and Foreclosure Prevention Program and the online application is now available.
- Current renters and homeowners that are at risk of eviction or foreclosure due to a documented COVID-19 related loss of income after March 17, 2020.
- Household income at the time of application may not exceed 80% of the median family income, which varies by household size and county, a listing of income limits is available here.
- Must not be currently receiving the $600 additional federal CARES Act stimulus unemployment benefits.
- Additional eligibility information is available here.
- Rental assistance for up to four months, including up to two months in arrears, beginning with April 1 rent, ($3,200 maximum).
- Includes manufactured home rent and lot rent
- Mortgage assistance, including up to two months in arrears, beginning with April 1 mortgage payment, ($3,000 maximum).
Additional program details and the application are available at IowaHousingRecovery.com.