Renters and Homeowners who previously received $600 unemployment benefit now eligible to apply for rent and mortgage assistance.
Applicants who have applied previously and were declined due to unemployment benefit status are welcome to reapply for assistance. Applicants with an adult member of their household who received the $600 benefit in one or more payments in June and/or July are ineligible to receive rent or mortgage assistance in arrears but may receive assistance beginning with the August payment.
- Current renters and homeowners that are at risk of eviction or foreclosure due to a documented COVID-19 related loss of income on or after March 17, 2020.
- Household income at the time of application may not exceed 80% of the median family income, which varies by household size and county, a listing of income limits is available here.
- Additional eligibility information is available here.
- Rental assistance for up to four months, including up to two months in arrears, no earlier than the April 1 rent payment, ($3,200 maximum).
- Includes manufactured home rent and lot rent
- Mortgage payment assistance, including up to four months (this can include up to two months in arrears) beginning with April 1 mortgage payment, ($3,000 maximum).
Additional program details and the application are available at IowaHousingRecovery.com.