Once they log in on the link provided by the testing company via email their browser is frozen; a proctor can see them through the camera; their surroundings are monitored for extra materials or cheating; and the test session is recorded for future reference if there is any cheating suspicions or accusations. The testing company will provide a YouTube Video and live customer support for any technical issues arising during a "remote" session. Once we are up and running all our backlogged exams could be cleaned up pretty quickly, potentially within a couple of days, and if we have to shelter in place again down the road there will be no interruption in examination services.
Post Covid19, our operators will have two options for exam delivery: "remote proctoring" and our traditional method of on-line at an IDNR Field Office or Community College computer lab.
How do operators get signed up for a remotely proctored exam?
- To Register to take your exam remotely, email the following information to ExamRemoteProctoringRegistrationOpCert@dnr.iowa.gov:
- Operator ID#
- Exam Category and Grade you have IDNR approval to sit for. Remember: you must have been issued an IDNR Eligibility Letter prior to registering to take a remote exam.
- You will receive an automatic reply from the IDNR confirming our receipt of your request
- Next Step: Keep an eye out for an email from PSI Customer Service - firstname.lastname@example.org - This email will include the following:
- Detailed instructions for exam scheduling and procedure
- A link for the scheduling and rescheduling of your unique exam(s). You will have complete control over this. Remote Proctoring is offered twenty four hours a day, seven days a week
- A tutorial video
- an 800 customer service number you can call anytime, 24/7, with any questions concerning the Remote Proctoring process or for any technical assistance.
Please direct any questions to the IDNR Operator Certification Program at Elizabeth.email@example.com or (515) 725-0463.