The EPA is administering this law and its requirements in Iowa; for more information, please contact them at email@example.com. The assessment and plan are not submitted to EPA by the CWS; rather, those are retained at the CWS and a certification form for each is required to be completed and submitted. There is also a requirement for the CWS to evaluate each document every five years, in order to maintain a current assessment and plan.
This workshop contains three modules and each module requires a separate registration:
- Module 1 – AWIA Section 2013 Requirements, Certification, & Section 2018 Basics
- Module 2 - Risk and Resilience Assessments: Malevolent Acts, Natural Hazards, and the Small Systems Checklist
- Module 3 - Emergency Response Plan Template and Guidance
Who Should Attend: This virtual workshop is designed for CWSs serving 3,301-99,999 people. Note: the population includes any consecutive systems that are served by the CWS.
All CWSs, as well as vendors and consultants, especially those who are assisting CWSs in achieving AWIA requirements, are welcome to attend. EPA invites those who would like to lead a version of this AWIA workshop (e.g., technical assistance providers) to attend in a “Train-the-Trainer” capacity. In this role, one can observe the workshop and receive presentation materials with speaker’s notes. At the end of Module 3, EPA will host a 30-minute Train-the-Trainer session to answer questions about using the materials provided to host one’s own trainings.
When and Registration:
- Module 1: Tuesday, 2/16/2021, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. CST, Registration
- Module 2: Wednesday, 2/17/2021, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. CST, Registration
- Module 3: Thursday, 2/18/21, 1:00pm-3:00pm CST* Registration
CEU: 1.5 hours Iowa WT or WD per module.