Industrial and commercial facilities with "stormwater discharge associated with industrial activity" are required to obtain permits, typically known as General Permits #1 and #3. This training opportunity has been developed to help those facilities understand their permitting requirements, develop pollution prevention plans, and implement best management practices with the goal of staying in compliance.
The workshop, scheduled for March 19, 2019, is presented by the Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership (ISWEP) (www.iowastormwater.org) and co-sponsored by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Who should attend?: Company managers, site supervisors, environmental managers and staff, consultants, contractors, and others. Presentations will feature experts on industrial stormwater permitting and compliance, including:
- Patti Cale-Finnegan (ISWEP): "Why are you here? Basics of industrial stormwater permitting"
- Joe Griffin, Iowa DNR: "What is the IDNR process and implementation expectations?"
- Rebecca Svatos, Stanley Consultants: "How to implement stormwater pollution prevention plans"
- Alison Manz, Iowa DNR Field Office 4: "How to comply with your permit and keep DNR and the public happy"
- Allison Sambol, Felsburg, Holt, and Ullevig: "Keeping it clean - best management practices to control runoff"
- Chuck Corell, Cargill Starches, Sweeteners and Texturizers North Americ
Registration information is online at: http://iowastormwater.org/event/the-bottom-line-on-industrial-stormwater/?event_date=2019-03-19.
For questions or more information, contact Patti Cale-Finnegan, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-490-4684.