The Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities, and the Environmental Protection Agency are jointly sponsoring two free virtual half-day workshops for Iowa water utilities that are focused on drought response and water loss.
The virtual workshops, split over two half-days, are an opportunity for Iowa water utilities to share strategies, lessons learned, and success stories regarding preparedness and response to water shortages and droughts. Participants will have the opportunity to identify practical actions that water utilities can take to proactively build and sustain mitigation measures, as well as response and recovery planning efforts.
Drought Workshop: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 ∙ 9:00 AM – noon CST
Water Loss Workshop: Thursday, December 17, 2020 ∙ 9:00 AM – noon CST
Registration One registration for both days. There is no fee for the workshops.
The virtual workshops will specifically include these topics:
December 16th Drought Workshop:
- An overview of the current drought situation in Iowa
- An introduction to EPA’s Drought Response and Recovery: A Basic Guide for Water Utilities
- The opportunity for water utilities to share drought preparedness and response strategies that they have implemented
December 17th Water Loss Workshop:
- Facilitated discussion opportunities on the topics of water shortages, water loss management and water audit strategies
- An overview of free American Water Works Association (AWWA) Water Audit software. The free software is available for download, once the form is completed.
Who Should Participate?
- Drinking water utility operators and managers
- Technical assistance providers
- Water sector associations
- Local, state, and federal government agencies
Each half-day session is worth 3 hours of continuing education credit (WT, WD).
Questions about Registration or Workshop: Contact Will Keefer (Horsley Witten Group – EPA Contractor) at 508-833-6600 or email@example.com.