The Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities Gas Department and Nelson Technologies will offer a one-day Natural Gas Odorizer Training Workshop. The class will take place on Wednesday, December 13 at the IAMU Training and Office Complex.
For more information, and to register, click here.
Why You Should Attend:
In recent years, the ability to maintain and/or correct deficiencies with odorizers has been difficult. The lack of company support systems, parts, and knowledge of “older” odorizers has been a common problem among municipal gas systems. This workshop will provide hands-on training from industry experts specific to odorizers and odorization. Operators will gain a better understanding of principle odorizer functions and will be provided with replacement options for possible Capital Improvement Projects.
The following topics will be covered in detail, as well as additional hands-on training:
- Overview of Odorization
- YZ Systems of LVO (Low Volume Odorizer) Injection System
- Principals of Operation
- Breakdown of parts/components (Actual demo will be present)
- Discuss transfer of odorant from bulk storage tank to day tank
- Slideshow of past & current LVO installations
- Hands-on, 6000B pump seal rebuild
- YZ LVO Spec Sheet (Walkthrough how to fill out spec sheet)
- Nelson Technologies Commissioning & Services provided
- Q & A Session
Who Should Attend:
All gas operating personnel who are responsible for the periodic maintenance, troubleshooting, and PHMSA required testing of natural gas odorization systems.