The application for the first grant awards is now available. Applications must be submitted to the Iowa Finance Authority (IFA) by September 13, 2019.
The grant priorities are:
- Disadvantaged communities (Note: communities must have received disadvantaged designation)
- Projects that will significantly improve water quality in the watershed
- Projects that use alternative wastewater treatment technologies (Note: all projects proposing alternative technologies must be approved by the Iowa DNR)
- Communities with the highest sewer or water rates
- Projects that use technology to address nutrient reduction
- Projects that will improve source waters for drinking water utilities
The grant awardees are determined by a committee consisting of the Iowa Secretary of Agriculture (or designee), the Executive Director of the Iowa Finance Authority (IFA) (or designee), and the Director of the Iowa DNR (or designee). Awards will be announced in October.
The application form and more information are available at the IFA website.