Previously, employers were required to report all workplace fatalities and when three or more workers were hospitalized in the same incident.
Employers have three options for reporting these severe incidents to OSHA. You can call Iowa OSHA at 877-242-6742 the line is available 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays. Or call the 24-hour OSHA hotline at 1-800-321-OSHA (1-800-321-6742), or you can report online HERE. For more information and resources, including a new YouTube video, visit OSHA's Web page on the updated reporting requirements. To find out if you are exempt from this rule visit the OSHA site HERE.
Confused? Attend one of the IAMU OSHA 300 log and record keeping regional meetings in December, register HERE
- All work-related fatalities within 8 hours
Within 24 hours, all work-related:
- Inpatient hospitalizations
- Losses of an eye
How to Report Incident
- Call Iowa OSHA area office 877-242-6742, 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays,
- Or call 1-800-321-OSHA (6742);
- Or visit http://www.osha.gov/report_online