Director of Member Services
IAMU represents more than 750 municipal electric, gas, water, and broadband utilities statewide, and maintains a marketing relationship with more than 185 associate member businesses. IAMU represents its members before the Iowa Legislatures, administers mutual aid programs, offers job training and safety programs, co-sponsors the Iowa Public Agency Investment Trust, and sponsors the Safety Group Insurance Program.
This position provides direct assistance and consultation to the Safety Services department that includes training and education, developing and customizing written plans and processes for IOSHA compliance, and conducts reviews, audits and site assessments. In addition, the Safety Specialist will assist members with regulatory compliance. This position will work with IAMU staff members on matters of common concern; and other safety related duties. This position will work remote, with travel required within the State of Iowa and occasional work from our office in Ankeny, Iowa.
- Build relationships with member utilities to provide appropriate services
- Design and customize written safety plans and processes
- Develop and facilitate safety training as appropriate
- Assist members with regulatory compliance
- Attend training to stay up to date in safety regulations and best practices
- Represent the organization in public appearances
- Collaborate with IAMU team members to provide consistent service
- Create materials and communications for members
- Prepare reports and documentation as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or related field or equivalent safety or training experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience in safety (at least 70% of experience in preventative measures, such as creation of safety plans, training, etc.)
- Knowledge of federal and state safety regulations
- Experience facilitating training sessions
- Ability to utilize a variety of A/V presentation equipment
- Proven customer service skills, demonstrating an ability to listen, understand, and respond appropriately to feedback
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical and problem solving experience
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated in achieving deadlines
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Valid Iowa Driver’s License
- This position requires overnight travel within the state of Iowa; typically, 2 or 3 nights per week. Home on weekends.
Push up to 60 pounds to open/close vehicle doors. Push or pull up to 26# at 7-53” to access filing cabinets.
Pull up to 60 pounds to open/close vehicle doors. Push or pull up to 26# at 7-53” to access filing cabinets.
Climb up to 15 steps ranging from 13 to 23 inches to get in and out of vehicles, use ladders and step stools.
Stand for up to 7.5 hours per day.
Walk throughout various parks, fields, and grounds.
Sit for up to 3 hours at a time to complete deskwork, drive, etc.
Lift up to 40-pound tools and equipment from floor to 32 inches.
Carry various equipment weighing up to 40 pounds up to 50 feet at a time.
Grip up to 10# (wide grip) to pull files from cabinet at 7-53”.
Pinch up to 5 pounds bilaterally to handle small parts and tools.
Low-level kneeling activity for up to 5 minutes to perform various duties.
Lift up to 10-pound part from 0 to 75 inches.
Hand coordination for writing, using keyboard and telephone, as well as operating various equipment and tools.
Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other legally covered protected category. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
$70,000 - $83,000 annually
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Provided Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Provided Life insurance with Voluntary Life Insurance Option
- Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Monday to Friday
On the road
If interested please submit your resume to Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org