Here are just some of the highlights of what you can expect:
- The conference kicks off with a pre-conference workshop “Planning for the Arrival of 3rd Party Distributed Generation,” from 1 to 5 p.m. Monday presented by Troy DeJoode, IAMU Executive Director. This session is open to IAMU Member Utility Personnel.
- Then, for those attending the pre-conference workshop and others coming in Monday night, be sure to join us for hors d’oeuvres and drinks at the Executive Director Hospitality Suite, which opens at 6:30 p.m. The social is sponsored by Associate Member Iowa Wind and Solar.
- The general conference starts at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday with a welcome followed by an enlightening talk from the esteemed Dr. Ernie Goss of Creighton University. Dr. Goss will be speaking on “The Rural and Urban Economic Outlook: What are Bankers and Manufacturers Telling Us?”
- After a day of taking in the various speakers and the information they’ll be presenting, you’ll want to attend the Exhibit Hall Reception and Poker Run for chance at winning some great prizes.
- Wednesday includes some more great speakers as well, including Sue Kelly from APPA and Bert Kalisch from APGA.
The preconference and conference will take place at The Prairie Meadows Events and Conference Center in Altoona. For questions, concerns, or more information, including how to register if you haven’t already, contact IAMU at (800) 810-4268 or by email at email@example.com.
You may also visit the Energy Conference page of the IAMU website for more details.