- Place the screen 20-26 inches away from your eyes and a little below eye level.
- Regularly clean your screen. Smudges, fingerprints and dust can create glare and reflections.
- Choose screens that tilt and swivel so that you can adjust them for your comfort.
- Consider using a glare filter over your screen.
- Post a note that reminds you to blink more often. Blinking is nature’s way of coating our eyes with moisture.
- Use an adjustable chair. The height of the chair is correct when you are able to sit in the chair with your feet flat on the floor, your knees are bent at a little bit larger than a 90-degree angle and are positioned lower than your waist.
- Try the 20-20-20 rule! Every 20 minutes look away about 20 feet from you for 20 seconds.
- Take regular “mini” breaks. Stand up, move about and stretch your arms, neck, shoulders and back for 5 minutes at least 5 times a day.
To download a printable PDF of this Toolbox Talk for posting and distribution to employees, CLICK HERE.