1. The assessment and identification of permit spaces of the workplace must have been conducted. The host employer must advise the contractor of any permit spaces on their premises that the contractor may have a reason to enter.
2. The permit space must only be entered by the contractor in compliance with a PRCS program. The host and contractor must agree as to exactly what program will be followed.
3. The host employer must communicate the hazards in the space and the reasoning behind designating the space as a permit-required.
4. Hosts must also inform contractors of any entry precautions that have been implemented.
5. Hosts must coordinate operations with the contractor when host and contractor employees will be working in or near permit spaces.
6. At the end of the entry operations, the contractor must debrief the host regarding the permit program and any hazards confronted in the space during entry operations.