The DOE is interested in hearing about how demonstration projects will improve the resilience, safety, reliability, availability, and environmental performance of rural and remote energy systems throughout the country. These workshops are an opportunity to hear from people like you about energy challenges you are facing and the types of projects that can improve your energy systems.
These workshops will:
- Provide a detailed overview of the ERA program to interested stakeholders
- Collect feedback from stakeholders on drivers, challenges, and potential impacts of demonstrations
- Offer a forum for stakeholder networking in preparation for the funding opportunity announcement
The 2021 Bipartisan Infrastructure Law allocated $1 billion to improve energy systems in rural or remote areas of the country with fewer than 10,000 people, and OCED is seeking input as it shapes this new ERA program in preparation for a future funding opportunity announcement.
There are three upcoming ERA workshops (list below) and your stakeholders may interested in joining one at the locations below.
- Workshop focusing on the Western U.S. is set for October 12-13, 2022 in Golden, CO. Register here.
- Workshop focusing on the Eastern U.S. is set for October 25-26, 2022 in Little Rock, AR. Register here.
- Virtual workshop is set for November 1-2, 2022. Register here.