- There is concern that public anxiety is increasing and that it is important for utility service to be available during this crisis.
- Press releases from IUB, the Governor, or both will soon be issued and will address all utility services, including water and communications. This release will include a reminder to continue to pay for service.
- All investor owned utilities, gas, water, and electric, will be ceasing disconnects and will issue press statements to that effect as soon as today.
- Municipal gas and electric utilities and RECs are officially requested to follow the same policy as the IOUs which means not disconnecting for the remainder of the current extended gas and electric moratorium.
- All water utilities, including rural water, are also officially requested not to disconnect any customers. It’s unclear for how long, but it seems likely to be for the same period as the extended moratorium.
- IUB and DNR will help IAMU coordinate finding certified water operators to help if a community lacks backup.
- We will forward all press releases as we get them.
- Questions and problems can be coordinated through IUB by using this email address: COVID19@iub.iowa.gov
In an update call today, the Chair and the other members of the Iowa Utilities Board announced the following: