- A Safety Stand-Down is a voluntary event for employers to talk directly to employees about safety. Any workplace can hold a stand-down by taking a break to focus on "Fall Hazards" and reinforcing the importance of "Fall Prevention".
- Employers of companies not exposed to fall hazards, can also use this opportunity to have a conversation with employees about the other job hazards they face, protective methods, and the company's safety policies and goals.
- It can also be an opportunity for employees to talk to management about fall and other job hazards they see.
The linked flyers can be printed and reviewed in a 10 minute tailgate or office safety meeting. Note – Most of the information refers to construction; however, it can easily be reviewed and discussed in the context of shop, office, library, and even at your home.
- Slips, Trips, & Falls - General
- Office/Shop Safety: Fall Prevention
- Step Ladder & Stool Safety
- Reducing Falls in Construction: Safe Use of Stepladders
- Reducing Falls in Construction: Safe Use of Extension Ladders
- Aerial Lifts: Proper Use Prevents Falls
- Preventing Falls From Equipment
The following ZOOM meeting recording link is on Step Ladder safety. The recording will be available for 30 days.
Topic: “Stand-Down for Fall Safety” - Step Ladders
Access Passcode: X@6c&21Q
Keep it safe and don’t hesitate to contact IAMU Safety Services if you have questions – email@example.com